EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE TO LAUNCH
WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVELY ON AMAZON PRIME VIDEO
Film Adaptation of the Award-Winning Hit Musical will
Premiere on 17 September, 2021
Starring Max Harwood, Sarah Lancashire, Lauren Patel, Shobna Gulati, Ralph Ineson, Adeel Akhtar, Samuel Bottomley, with Sharon Horgan and Richard E. Grant
Prime Video Official Teaser | Watch via YouTube
Download New Film Still Here
LONDON – 20 May, 2021 – Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, the much-anticipated film adaptation of the award-winning West End hit musical, will launch exclusively on Prime Video on 17th September, 2021 in over 240 countries and territories. The film, from New Regency, Film4 and Warp Films, stars the breakout discovery Max Harwood as Jamie New, alongside Sarah Lancashire, Lauren Patel, Shobna Gulati, Ralph Ineson, Adeel Akhtar, Samuel Bottomley, with Sharon Horgan and Richard E. Grant.
Inspired by true events, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie follows Jamie New (Harwood), a teenager from Sheffield, who dreams of life on stage. While his classmates plan their livelihoods after they leave school, Jamie contemplates revealing his secret career ambition to become a fierce and proud drag queen. His best friend Pritti (Patel) and his loving mum (Lancashire) shower him with endless support, while local drag legend Miss Loco Chanelle (Grant) mentors him toward his debut stage performance. But Jamie also has to contend with an unsupportive father (Ineson), an uninspired careers advisor (Horgan), and some ignorant school kids who attempt to rain on his sensational parade. In rousing and colourful musical numbers, Jamie and his community inspire one another to overcome prejudice, be more accepting, and to step out of the darkness into the spotlight.
“Everybody’s Talking About Jamie has quickly become one of the most beloved musicals of recent years,” said Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios. “Jamie’s story is one that resonates across all generations – it’s about unconditional love and we know our global audiences will fall in love with Jamie as he overcomes adversity to truly find his authentic self. We are so thrilled to share this joyful and inspirational story with the world.”
Director Jonathan Butterell added, “I am thrilled that our film – the story of taking your place in the world with joy, pride and acceptance – will be winging its way across the world with the Amazon Family. Let’s come together to celebrate the glorious and fabulous uniqueness of each and every one of us.”
The film features hit songs including ‘And You Don’t Even Know It’, ‘The Wall In My Head’ and ‘Everybody’s Talking About Jamie’ as well as an exclusive new song ‘This Was Me’, performed by Holly Johnson, lead singer of Frankie Goes to Hollywood.
Everybody’s Talking About Jamie brings together the stage show’s original creators in their feature-film debuts, with Jonathan Butterell as director, screenplay and lyrics by Tom MacRae, and songs by Dan Gillespie Sells. The score is composed by Sells and Anne Dudley. Mark Herbert, p.g.a., Peter Carlton, p.g.a., and Arnon Milchan are producing, with Yariv Milchan, Michael Schaefer, Natalie Lehmann, Daniel Battsek, Ollie Madden, Peter Balm, Niall Shamma and Jes Wilkins serving as executive producers.
The original musical Everybody’s Talking About Jamie has quickly become one the most beloved musicals of recent years. Premiering at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, before transferring to London’s Apollo Theatre, the production was an overnight success amongst audiences and critics, receiving rave reviews and garnering five Olivier Award nominations. The show was also honoured at the UK Theatre Awards with Best Musical Production, with its star John McCrea named Best Musical Performer. The stage show will joyfully reopen its doors this evening at the Apollo Theatre – the first musical in the West End to do so, before the UK tour recommences in Manchester in September 2021 visiting 24 UK cities, Tokyo in 2021, Los Angeles in January 2022 and Australia later in 2022.
Prime members will be able to watch the film Everybody’s Talking About Jamie anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on Virgin’s V6 TV Box, the Talk Talk TV set top box, Apple TV, Chromecast, BT TV or online at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost. Prime Video is available in the UK and Ireland at no extra cost to a Prime membership for just £7.99 a month or £79 per year. New customers can find out more at amazon.co.uk/prime and subscribe to a free 30-day trial.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport and more — all available to watch on practically any device:
· Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think UK-produced Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour and All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur, US hits like The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan; as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; movies like Coming 2 America and the Golden Globe-winning Borat Subsequent Moviefilm; as well as live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis, the Rugby Union Autumn Nations Cup and Premier League football. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
· Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITV Hub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at Amazon.co.uk/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant Access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box including Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk and BT, game console, or select smart TVs. For a list of all compatible devices, visit Amazon.co.uk/watchanywhere.
· Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with unlimited fast free delivery options on millions of items as well as exclusive deals and discounts at Amazon.co.uk, exclusive content with Prime Gaming, access to ad-free music, Kindle ebooks, and unlimited photo storage. To sign-up or start a free trial of Prime visit: Amazon.co.uk/prime
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit Amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNewsUK.